Friday, September 25, 2009

Sounds Like Team Spirit



Ever since I moved to Baltimore in 2000, they've done "Purple Friday" at the very least during playoffs, if not all of football season. And between my wife, my neighbors, and now me, my daughter has grown up a Ravens fan. And since one of the owners at her Daycare is also a huge Ravens fan, the kids are more or less a sea of purple on Fridays.

That said, an odd thing has happened with Lilly. She doesn't want to let ANYONE wear purple if it's NOT Friday. This makes for interesting discussions on Sundays when Jill and I want to wear Ravens clothes during the actual games.

It also led to Lilly actually going up to one of the girls in church, who was proudly sporting her Flacco Jersey, and Lilly explained to her very matter-of-factly that she shouldn't be wearing the jersey because it was not Purple Friday. Fortunately the girl just got a chuckle out of it.

Guess you can chalk this one up as a situation where, "Kids say the darnedest things."

1 comment:

  1. Finally, got it to where I can comment. When are you going to do some new strips? You should have done like 3 or 4 and trickled em out. I'm supposed to be following this thing, right? :)

    ReplyDelete