Saturday, March 20, 2010

Too Young for Senior Moments?




Before anyone asks, yes this is one of those conversations that actually happened.I don't know if it's age or exhaustion catching up with me, but I've been mighty forgetful as of late. One evening when I was picking the girls up from daycare, I forgot to grab the carrier when I passed it in the entry way. Fortunately, it was actually there and I didn't have to run home or something to get it. Although, I do think it's funny that the comic sort of implies that I had to run home or something.

If this were the only indecent, it wouldn't be such a big deal. However, one day shortly after this, I almost put the carrier back in my car when I was leaving in the morning. That wouldn't have been such a big deal except for the fact that Jill was the one picking the girls up in the evening.

And then there was this Thursday. Now with the warmer weather in the evenings, I'm having to carry a lot more things home that would normally either be on Lilly or Willow's carrier. However, instead, things like coats are taking up space in bags, which means I have more smaller things to carry, like lunchboxes and coolers. Well, on Thursday Willow's cooler got left behind and I didn't realize it until I got home. The big problem here was that I picked up the girls because traffic on our side of town was a disaster. So once I dropped the girls off, I had to fight my way back to daycare, pick up the cooler, and fight my way home again. The trip in all took twice as long as it should have (which was pretty good considering the circumstances).

Although losing an hour out of my already busy evening has me hoping that this spell of forgetfulness will pass soon.

2 comments:

  1. Nice. I think you'll get over it. But I think stress is a factor, and a given with 2 kids and all. Yesterday I drove off and forgot to close the garage door. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "If this were the only indecent, it wouldn't be such a big deal."

    This typo made me lol.

    :-D

    ReplyDelete